- Explain why syntax dead, because too tired
- Tell them we escaped Travelodge
- List all things wrong with Travelodge
- Apologise for length of list
- Tell them we visited the house my dad was born in, in Brixton, and the house my nan, his mum, was born in, in Lambeth
- Tell them we saw some goats, sheep, horses and really funny llamas in Vauxhall Farm
- Remember to upload pictures of goats
- Explain that the trip is all done now!
- Thank them earnestly for their enormous support over the last few days; to our friends texting us and not expecting a response for aeons if at all, thank you; to the strangers who’ve been reading and enjoying the blog independently of any social obligation to me or Oscar, thank you
- Remind them that they can buy tickets to the show here. Strongly, but politely, encourage them to do so, if they have enjoyed this blog
- Ask them if they would be kind enough to tell their friends about it
- Tell them that there will be more posts soon, but sleep first
Goodbye wonderful people, this has been the hitchhike bit of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Family…the guide bit will come later! It was brought to you by Ben Norris, Oscar French, Dean the Bear, and a whole host of generous drivers, rememberers, friends, family and storytellers.